PhD BSc BA MAppFin
Steve is the Principal of Principia Investment Consultants and an independent member of the WARR HUNT Investment Committee.
Steve's role is to provide academic rigour, support and insight to our Investment Committee around areas such as asset allocation, implementation and the evaluation of alternative investment strategies.
For nearly two decades, Steve played a key role in helping grow the Australian arm of global asset manager Dimensional Fund Advisors. During his career he managed Australian and global equity portfolios, managed the Asia Pacific trading team and oversaw the introduction of direct market access trading. For last 10 years he specialised in managing the firm’s fixed interest strategies.
Before joining Dimensional in 2001, Steve was on the faculty of the University of New South Wales. His teaching and research interests were in optical fibre technology and quantitative finance.
Qualifications & Accreditations
- PhD in Applied Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics and Physics
- Bachelor of Arts with majors in History and Politics
- Masters of Applied Finance (MAppFin)
- Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
- Australian Institute of Company Directors.